The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) founded in 1953 is one of the leading Professional Society in India. With the great vision of founder and subsequent forefathers and stalwarts who were leading light of the Institution IETE, have been devoting and contributing for the advancement of Science and Technology in the fields of Electronics, Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology and other related subjects.
IETE student forum was formed in the year 2011 at VIVA Institute of Technology. The Chairman of IETE, Dr. J.W. Bakwal, motivated the members by an excellent speech and then gladly inaugurated the IETE Community. Mr.Arun Kumar, the Principal of the college who also took this opportunity to thank IETE to open a branch in V.I.T. which was followed by a speech Mr. Shashank Patil the Trustee of V.I.T. then spoke about the importance of IETE and practical learning. Shri Parag Walinjkar, Hony. Treasurer focused the objectives of IETE and benefits of IETE students Forum and advised the students to utilize the resources, labs & library facilities at IETE local centre.
Objectives of ISF :
- Improving standard of Engineering Education
- Counseling the students in the emerging new opportunities
- Encouraging and motivating the outside Class room studies /Work shops/projects/Seminars
- Increasing the student base and Corporate membership of IETE
- To plan, organize Technical Programs, Special Lectures, Workshops, Seminars Symposia, exhibitions for the benefit of students.
- To provide common platform for students to exchange of ideas in technical topics of interest, e.g., curriculum, employment, higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, etc.
- To facilitate technical visits, project works, employment, contact with industries and academic institutions.
- Encourage team spirit and self-reliance among student members.
- ISFs should be a catalyst for the overall growth in technical and professional skills in young students.
Management of ISF :
ISFs will be under the supervision of a Managing Committee monitored by the Local IETE Centre. Request for registration of ISF should be through the IETE Centre. There will be Six student members In the Managing Committee out of which there will be a Chairman & a Hony. Secretary. A faculty member of the College/Polytechnic and one nominated EC member of the Centre will be permanent invitees of the committee. The management committee shall meet as often as possible in sustaining and coordinating the activities of ISF.