Late Shri Vishnu Waman Thakur Charitable Trust was formed in the year 1988 under the president-ship of Shri Hitendraji Thakur, MLA of Vasai Taluka. The trust was formed to handle several concern and to uplift a remote area like Vasai. The provision of education,medical and social facilities to the residents of such area was the primary focus. Accordingly,in 1989 itself the trust started a school “UTKARSHA VIDYALAYA”. As of today,around 3500 student are studying in the school. Thus by providing educational facility it provided an opportunity for the students dwelling in the rural belt. In the year 2000 , the trust started a college known as “VIVA COLLEGE” & in a span of 5 years the strength of the college has risen from 35 students to 7000 students. Having updated itself with concerned requirements, the college now provides & different courses , in addition to the traditional courses of the Science, Commerce and Arts Streams, which are B.Sc(Information Technology), B.Sc(Computer Science), B.Sc(BIO-TECH), B.M.S(Bachelor of Management Studies), B.M.M(Bachelor Of Mass Media), B.Com(Banking & Insurance), B.Com(Accounting & Finance) & Bachelor Hotel &Tourism Management.
Objective of Trust
- To spread and promote quality and global education.
- To make such education available to all, without any distinction of caste, creed, class or community.
- To provide, maintain, run and conduct Hostels, Boarding Houses, and Residential quarters for students and staff.
- To promote and impart structured education in various fields, including Engineering, Technical, Medical etc.
- To establish, assist and to conduct educational institutions in rural areas or at such place or places as the Trust may decide from time to time.
- To engage in activities necessary for the promotion of education in various fields, either along or in conjunction with any other institution or entities.