We, Department of Electronics and Telecommunication are glad to release our first Annual technical magazine ‘VIVA CONVERGE: Uniting innovative Ideas and Technologies’.
VIVA-Converge is an annual technical magazine published by the Department of Electronics and Telecommunication of VIVA Institute of Technology. Our magazine was formally inargurated on 3rd march 2017, in presense of Dr. Karmakar IIT Bombay, Management of VIVA Trust, Principal Dr.Arun Kumar, collage faculties & students during national conference, NCRENB-2017. This magazine is meant to provide platform to faculties and students to express their creativity and develop originality of thoughts.
The word converge means to unite or meet. VIVA-Converge also aimed at uniting different innovative ideas and expression altogether, as the field of Electronics and Telecommunication corresponds to the connection communication.
The magazine not only speaks of new technology but also highlights way of being a better person on professional and personal front. VIVA-Converge includes articles written by faculties and students, which discuss the upcoming technologies, in the field of robotics, wireless communication, signal processing and cognitive radio. Apart from technical articles, the magazine includes topic related to spirituality, personal growth, mental and physical growth and Inspiration. We have also highlighted student’s talent in technical field and extra curricular activities like photography, writing, poetry and painting. Last but most important, we are also glad to include our efforts towards industry interaction through Faculty Development Program and industrial visits of students and staff. We would like to thank our Principal, Dr. Arun kumar and our Head of the Department, Prof. Archana Ingle for their support and guidance in publishing this Magazine. We are also thankful to management of VIVA Trust for providing such platform.
We would request everyone to go through this magazine. Your feedback and suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
VIVA INSTUTUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Department Of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
Shirgaon, Kumbhar Pada, Virar(E) 401305, Mumbai
Tel: 7770002544 Ext.115/123
Electronics and Telecommunication is a diverse field of engineering connecting to electronics, civil, structural, and electrical engineering. This branch has wide scope in the Public sector, Private sector as well as in Government sector which makes telecom engineers responsible for providing the method for customers to have telephone and high-speed data services.
It is a versatile branch, meaning that the students holding the degree in the Electronics and Telecommunication can build up their carrier in any field such as Computer Engineering, Information Technology and Telecommunication etc. Our motto is to build up students who will be equally competent in all these fields. Keeping this in mind, our laboratories are
well-equipped with advanced computer, (to implement concept of virtual lab) to give the students full exposure to computer, Internet Technology, and the advancements in this field.
The Department is running IETE student forum (ISF), which is right forum for the students to give exposure to their facets and help them for their overall personality and Technical development.
I am very happy to address you and congratulate you for bringing forth your own literary magazine ‘VIVA-CONVERGE’. I think ‘VIVA-CONVERGE’ is not only a means for you to express yourselves but also portrays you as independent and creative individuals. Literature and art fill the gaps in life and help you in becoming a complete person. The pressure created by classwork, assignments and examinations can be balanced if you like to take a dream ride in your creative world.
My best wishes are always with you.
-Dr. Arun Kumar, Principal, VIT
"I am happy that there is a dedicated team of staff and students who have brought out the first ever magazine of our department. Hearty congratulations to the editorial team. The essential purpose of this magazine is to inform, engage, inspire and entertain a diverse readership – including alumni, parents, students, faculty and staff and other friends of the college. We intend to continue presenting the talent and creativity of our staff and students through 'VIVA-CONVERGE' every year."
-Prof. Archana Ingle(HOD-EXTC Dept)
Providing quality technical education to develop professionally competent and ethically strong Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers.
1.To achieve academic excellence by creating the right academic ambience, that will enable students to pursue higher studies and career in research.
2.To provide an effective teaching-learning environment designed to develop competent professionals with a sense of responsibility and social sensitivity.
3.Promote Industry- Institution Interaction
1.Identify, analyze and formulate problems to offer appropriate design solutions that are technically superior, economically feasible, environmentally compatible and socially acceptable.
2. To create the requisite academic ambience that nurtures the student ability to cope up with situations that emerges in the professional context with confidence through lifelong learning.
3.To inculcate professional and ethical attitude, good leadership qualities and commitment to social responsibilities.
The outcomes of the program objectives are:
1. Engineering Knowledge: The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, engineering and science to solve complex engineering problems.
2. Problem Analysis: The ability to identify, formulate and analyze engineering problems.
3. Design/development of Solutions: The ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as environmental, social, ethical.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool usage: An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for telecom engineering practice.
6. The Engineer and Society: Ability to be aware of societal, health, safety, cultural, legal issues and responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and Sustainability: The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in environmental and societal context.
8. Ethics: Apply professional ethics to engineering practices.
9. Communication: The ability to comprehend, present and document effectively.
10. Communication: The ability to comprehend, present and document effectively.
11. Project Management and Finance: Ability to apply engineering and management principles.
12. Life-long Learning: The ability to engage in lifelong learning with advances in technology.
1. Professional & Problem-Solving Skills: An ability to understand and analyze the basic concepts in Electronics & Communication Engineering and to apply them to various areas, like Electronics, Communications, Signal processing, VLSI, Embedded systems, microwaves etc.
2. Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: An understanding of social-awareness and ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to endure passion for real-world applications using optimum resources as an Entrepreneur.