UBIQUITOUS COMPUTING Its Paradigm, Systems & Middleware
Pallavi Vartak, "UBIQUITOUS COMPUTING Its Paradigm, Systems & Middleware", VIVA-Tech IJRI Volume 1, Issue 1, Article 2, pp. 1-6, Oct 2018. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
This paper offers a survey of ubiquitous computing research which is the developing a scope that gears communication technologies into routine life accomplishments. This study paper affords a types of the studies that extents at the ubiquitous computing exemplar. In this paper, we present collective structure principles of ubiquitous systems and scrutinize important developments in context-conscious ubiquitous structures. In toting, this studies work affords a novel structure of ubiquitous computing system and an evaluation of sensors needed for applications in ubiquitous computing. The goal of this studies work are 3-fold: i) help as a parameter for researchers who're first-hand to ubiquitous computing and want to subsidize to this research expanse, ii) provide a unique machine architecture for ubiquitous computing system, and iii) offer auxiliary studies ways necessary for exceptional-of-provider assertion of ubiquitous computing.
Ubiquitous Computing, Ubiquitous Computing Paradigm, Context-Aware Systems, Pervasive Computing Middleware.
- Anusuriya Devaraju, Simon Hoh and Michael Hartley, “A Context gathering Framework for Context-Aware Mobile Solutions”, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Mobile Technology, Applications, and Systems and the 1st International Symposium on Computer Human Interaction in Mobile Technology, pp. 39-46, 2007.
- Miguel A. Muñoz, Victor M. Gonzalez, Marcela Rodríguez and Jesus Favela, “Supporting Context-Aware Collaboration in a Hospital: An Ethnographic informed Design”, Groupware: Design, Implementation, and Use, pp. 330-344, 2003.
- Gregory D. Abowd and Elizabeth D. Mynatt, “Charting Past, Present, and Future Research in Ubiquitous Computing”, ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 29-58, 2000.
- Mathieu Vallée, Fano Ramparany and Laurent Vercouter, “Flexible Composition of Smart Device Services”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Pervasive Systems and Computing, pp. 27-30, 2005.
- David Martin, et al., “Bringing Semantics to Web Services: The Owl-S Approach”, Proceedings of First International Workshop on Semantic Web Services and Web Process Composition, pp. 26-42, 2004.
- Clemens Kerer, Schahram Dustdar, Mehdi Jazayeri, Danilo Gomes, Akos Szego and Jose A. Burgos Caja, “Presence-Aware Infrastructure using Web Services and RFID Technologies”, Proceedings of the 2nd European Workshop on Object Orientation and Web Services, 2004.
- Harry Chen, “An Intelligent Broker Architecture for Pervasive Context-Aware Systems”, Ph.D Thesis, University of Maryland, 2004.
- Shiva Chetan, J. Al-Muhtadi, R. Campbell and M.D. Mickunas, “Mobile Gaia: A Middleware for Ad-Hoc Pervasive Computing”, Proceedings of Second IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, pp. 223-228, 2005.
- David Sánchez, Montserrat Batet, David Isern and Aida Valls, “Ontology-Based Semantic Similarity: A New Feature-Based Approach”, Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 39, No. 9, pp. 7718-7728, 2012.
- Fredrik Espinoza, Per Persson, Anna Sandin, Hanna Nyström, Elenor Cacciatore and Markus Bylund, “Geonotes: Social and Navigational Aspects of Location-based Information Systems”, Ubicomp 2001: Ubiquitous Computing, Vol. 2201, pp. 2-17, 2001.
- D Garlan, D P Siewiorek, A Smailagic and P Steenkiste, “Project Aura: toward Distraction-Free Pervasive Computing”, IEEE Pervasive Computing, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 22-31, 2002.
- Nikolaos Georgantas, et al., “The Amigo Service Architecture for the Open Networked Home Environment”, Proceedings of the Fifth Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture, pp. 295-296, 2005.
- Jenna Burrell and Geri K. Gay, “E-graffiti: Evaluating Real-World Use of a Context-Aware System”, Interacting with Computers, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 301-312, 2002.
- K. Saruladha, “Semantic Similarity Measures for Information Retrieval Systems using Ontology”, Ph.D dissertation, Department of Computer Science, School of Engineering and Technology, Pondicherry University, 2011.
- Yong Bin Kang and Yusuf Pisan, “A Survey of Major Challenges and Future Directions for Next Generation Pervasive Computing”, Proceedings of the 21st International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences, pp. 755-764, 2006.
- Abhijeet S. Kurle and Kailas Patil, “Survey on Privacy Preserving Mobile Health Monitoring System using Cloud Computing”, International Journal of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Systems, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 31-36, 2015.
- Marc Ehrig, Peter Haase, Mark Hefke and Nenad Stojanovic, “Similarity for Ontologies - A Comprehensive Framework”, Proceedings of the European Conference on Information Systems, 2005.
- Stefan Poslad, “Ubiquitous Computing: Smart Devices, Environments and Interactions”, Wiley-Blackwell, 2009.
- M. Roman, C. Hess, R. Cerqueira, A. Ranganathan, R.H. Campbell and K. Nahrstedt, “A Middleware Infrastructure to Active Spaces”, IEEE Pervasive Computing, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 74-83, 2002.
- M. Affioletti, S. Kouadri Mostefaoui and B. Hirsbrunner, “Automatic Resource and Service Management for Ubiquitous Computing Environments”, Proceedings of the Second IEEE Annual Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops, 2004.
- Shankar R. Ponnekanti, Brian Lee, Armando Fox, Pat Hanrahan and Terry Winograd, “ICrafter: A Service Framework for Ubiquitous Computing Environments”, Ubiquitous Computing, Vol. 2201, pp. 56-75, 2001.
- Joao Pedro Sousa and David Garlan, “Aura: An Architectural Framework for User Mobility in Ubiquitous Computing Environments”, Proceedings of the 3rd International Federation for Information Processing, Vol. 97, pp. 29-43, 2002.
- P. Verissimo et al., “Cortex: Towards Supporting Autonomous and Cooperating Sentient Entities”, Proceedings of the European Wireless, pp. 595-601, 2002.
- Miaomiao Wang, Jiannong Cao, J.I. Siebert, V. Raychoudhury and Jing Li, “Ubiquitous Intelligent Object: Modeling and Applications”, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grid, pp. 236-241, 2007.
- Mark Weiser, “The Computer for the 21st Century”, Scientific American, Vol. 265, No. 3, pp. 66-75, 1991.
- Mark Weiser, “The World is not a Desktop”, Interactions, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 7-8, 1994.
- Ubiquitous Computing, Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/ wiki/ Ubiquitous computing.
- T. Winograd, “Architectures for Context”, Human-Computer Interaction, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 401-419, 2001.