SCCAI- A Student Career Counselling Artificial Intelligence
Aditya M. Pujari, Rahul M. Dalvi, Kaustubh S. Gawde, Tatwadarshi P. N., "SCCAI- A Student Career Counselling Artificial Intelligence", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 2, Article 1, pp. 1-6, 2019. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
As education is growing day by day, the competition has prompted a need for the student to understand more about the educational field. Many times the counselor isn’t available all the time and sometimes due to the lack of proper knowledge about some educational field. Due to this, it creates an issue of misconception of that field. This creates a problem for the student to decide a proper educational trajectory and guidance is not always useful. The proposed paper will overcome all these problem using machine learning algorithm. Various algorithms are being considered and amongst them the best suitable for our project are used here. There are 3 major problems that come across our path and they are solved using Random forest, Linear regression and Searching algorithm using Google API. At first Searching algorithm solves the problem of location by segregating the college’s location vice, then Random Forest provides the list of colleges by using stream and range of percentage and finally Linear Regression predicts the current cutoff using previous years’ data. Rather than this, the proposed system also provides information regarding all fields of education helping students to understand and know about their field of interest better. The following idea is a total fresh idea with no existing projects of similar kind. This project will help students guide them throughout.
Machine learning, Random Forest, Linear Regression, K-means, Chatbot.
- A. Ghosh, R. Sharma, P.K. Joshi, “Random forest classification of urban landscape using Landsat archive and ancillary data: Combining seasonal maps with decision level fusion”, Applied Geography Journal, 2014, pp. 31-41.
- Y. Liu, H. Wu, “Prediction of Road Traffic Congestion Based on Random Forest”, 10th International Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Design, 2017, pp. 361-364.
- M. Lehsaini, M.B. Benmahdi, “An improved K-means Cluster-based Routing Scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks”, IEEE, 2018.
- H. Zhang, Z. Zhou, “A Novel clustering algorithm combining Niche genetic algorithm with canopy and K-means”, International Conference on artificial Intelligence and Big Data, 2018, pp. 26-32.
- T.R.V. Anandharajan, G.A. Hariharan, K. K. Vignajeth, R. Jitendiran, “Weather Monitoring Using Artificial Intelligence”, International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Networks, 2016.
- H. L. Siew, M.J, Nordin, “Regression Techniques for the Prediction of Stock Price Trend”, International Conference on Statistics in Science, Business and Engineering (ICSSBE), 2012, pp. 1-5.
- S. Prabakaran, P. N. Kumar, P. S. M. Tarun, “Rainfall Prediction Using Modified Linear Regression”, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 2017, pp. 3715-3718
- S. Kumar, M. Anamika Upadhyay, C. Gola, “Rainfall prediction based on 100 years of Meteorological data”, IEEE, 2017, pp. 162-166.
- X. Xun, L. Mo, Y. Yu, “Discovery and Prediction of the Unused Land for Construction Based on Random Forest”, Fifth International Conference on Agro-Geoinformatics, 2016.
- Y. C. Shiao, L. Liu, Q. Zhao, R. C. Chen, “Predicting Passenger Flow using Different Influence Factors for Taipei MRT System”, IEEE 8th International Conference on Awareness Science and Technology (iCAST), 2017.
- S. Ye, X. Huang, Y. Teng, Y. Li, “K-Means Clustering Algorithm Based on Improved Cuckoo Search Algorithm and Its Application”, IEEE 8th International Conference on Awareness Science and Technology, 2018, pp. 447-451.
- Z. Ya-Ling, W. Ya-nan, Y. Lil, “An Improved Sampling K-means Clustering Algorithm Based on MapReduce”, IEEE 3rd International Conference on Big Data Analysis,2017.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_learning , Last Accessed on 05th Sept. 2018.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence , Last Accessed on 05th.Sept. 2018.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_regression , Last Accessed on 04th Sept. 2018.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_forest , Last Accessed on 05th Sept. 2018.
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-means_clustering , Last Accessed on 05th Sept. 2018.
- B. R. Ranoliya, N. Raghuwanshi, S. Singh, “Chatbot for University Related FAQs”, International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2017.
- R. Ravi, “Intelligent Chatbot for Easy Web-Analytics Insights”, International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2017.