Solar Powered Ozone Generator Prototype Using Corona Effect
Ms. Adarshkumar Singh, Ms. Yash Dehrikar, Ms. Himanshu Tamore, Sumit Tamore, "Solar Powered Ozone Generator Prototype Using Corona Effect", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 1, pp. 1-8, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
This project aims to develop a sustainable solar powered ozone generator whose operating principle is based on the production of ozone by corona effect. Ozone gas is now-a-days used for treatment of drinking water, disinfection, and air-purification.Corona effect occurs when an intense electric field accelerates the existing electrons around a conductor. This effect generates ozone through a high voltage process that produces a strong enough electric field to break the dielectric strength of the air between the electrodes and breaks the oxygen molecules and form ozone(O3). This phenomenon occurs at or near a field strength of 2kv-10kv. Flyback converter which is excited by a high frequency Hartley oscillator and act as a high voltage-high frequency transformer to reach the expected voltage. The whole system is powered by the solar photovoltaic panels . This work is aimed to evaluate the efficiency of this solar powered ozone generator.
Air purification, Corona Effect, Flyback converter, Hartley Oscillator, Ozone generator, Photovoltaic panels
- Laércio Ferro Camboim , Janine Aline De Souza Silva, Fernando Carlos Ferreira De Oliveira , Adriana Maria Cunha Da Silva , Fabiano Almeida Nascimento, Luiz Antônio Pimentel Cavalcanti,“Construction of a low budget ozone generator prototype”, IOSR Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IOSR-JEEE) , (May – June2017)
- Xianhun Zhang, Hankui Lui Dianguo, Xu, Member, “Analysis and Design of the Flyback Transformer”, 02-Dec-2003
- Krishna Keshav Chaudhary, krishna sapkota “Portable Ozone Generator”, Department of Computer and Electronics Engineering ,KEC Conference, 2019
- Nacera Hammad, Mansqur Zegrar, Said Nammichi, Zouaqui, Sidi mohammed Remaouni, Bouregba Naoel ,Amar Tilmatine, “Development of High Voltage High-Frequency Power Supply For Ozone Generation” Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Vol. 11, No. 5 (2016) 755 - 767
- Gabriele Neretti, Mattia Ricco , “Self-Tuning High-Voltage and High-Frequency Sinusoidal Power Supply for Dielectric Barrier Discharge Plasma Generation”, Electric Electronic and Information Engineering Department, University of Bologna, Viale Risorgimento 28 October 2019
- P.Hothongkham, V.Kinnares, “Performance Evaluation of an Ozone Generator Using a Phase Shift PWM Full Bridge Inverter”, ECTICON 2008, May, 2008.
- M. Facta, Z. Salam, and Z. Buntat, “The development of ozone generation with low power consumption,” Proc. CITISIA, pp. 440-445, 2009.
- J. Marcos Alonso, Jorge García,” Analysis, Design, “Experimentation of a High-Voltage Power Supply for Ozone Generation Based on Current-Fed Parallel-Resonant Push–Pull Inverter.” IEEE transactions on industry applications, vol. 41, no. 5, 2005
- Z. Wang, K. Cen, J. Zhou, and J. Fan, “Simultaneous Multi-Pollutants Removal in Flue Gas by Ozone”, ser. Advanced Topics in Science and Technology in China. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2014
- K. Rakness, “Ozone in Drinking Water Treatment: Process Design, Operation, and Optimization”. American Water Works Association, 2011