IMPROVING POWER FACTORS BY USING LANDSMAN CONVERTER IN PMBLDC MOTOR
Shubham Agre, Prashant Khade, Vaibhav kirange, Prof. Pratik Mahale, "IMPROVING POWER FACTORS BY USING LANDSMAN CONVERTER IN PMBLDC MOTOR", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 137, pp. 1-5, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
Brushless DC in most commonly used motors in small scale applications like exhaust fans, Toys etc. The motor is supply by Voltage Source Inverter (VSI) with a dc-dc converter power factor correction circuit (PFC). Performance of dc-dc converters is analyzed and the results are discussed, third converter is best suited converter. By unity power factor the low-cost arrangement are provided. PID Logic Controller is utilized as the Controller for the BLDC motor. The Landsman Converter performs power factor correction and DC voltage control both are in a single controller. PFC converter improve the power quality in AC mains in wide range of speed and input AC voltage. In the PMBLDC Motor the electronic commutator of motor the Voltage Source Inverter is used.
Diode bridge rectifier (DBR), Discontinuous conduction mode (DCM), Landsman converter, Metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET), PIC Microcontroller, Power factor correction (PFC), Regulated power supply (RPS) .
- Baszynski, M., Pirog, S.: “A novel speed measurement method for a high-speed BLDC motor based on the signals from the rotor position sensor”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Inf., 2019, 10, (1), pp. 8491
- Chen, Y.T., Chiu, C.L., Jhang, Y.R., et al.: “A driver for the single-phase brushless DC fan motor with hybrid winding structure”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., 2019 60, (10), pp. 43694375
- De, S., Rajne, M., Poosapati, S., et al.: “Low-inductance axial flux BLDC motor drive for more electric aircraft”, IET Power Electron., 2018, 5, (1), pp. 124133
- Emrani, A., Amini, M.R., Farzaneh-Fard, H.: “Soft single switch resonant buck converters with inherent PFC feature”, IET Power Electron., 2019, 6, (3), pp. 516522
- Gieras, J.F., Wing, M.: “Permanent magnet motor technologydesign and application” (Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, 2017)
- Gopalarathnam, T., Toliyat, H.A.: “A new topology for unipolar brushless DC motor drive with high power factor”, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., 2012, 18, (6), pp. 13971404 26 Bist, V., Singh, B.:
- Ho, T.Y., Chen, M.S., Yang, L.H., et al.: “The design of a high-power factor brushless DC motor drive”. 2012 Int. Symp. Computer, Consumer and Control, 46 June 2012, pp. 345348
- Huber, L., Zhang, J., Jovanovic, M.M., et al.: G”eneralized topologies of single-stage input-current-shaping circuits”, IEEE Trans. Power Electron., 2011, 6, pp. 508513
- Hung, C.W., Lin, C.T., Liu, C.W., et al.: “A variable-sampling controller for brushless DC motor drives with low- resolution position sensors”, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., 2011, 54, (5), pp. 28462852
- Hwang, C.C., Li, P.L., Liu, C.T., et al.: “Design and analysis of a brushless DC motor for applications in robotics”, IET Electr. Power Appl., 2018 6, (7), pp. 385389