Simulation of induction motor for reference of practical engineering
Prabjeet Singh, Tejas Sakpal, Sachin Mondkar, "Simulation of induction motor for reference of practical engineering", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 138, pp. 1-5, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
This Project simulates an Induction Motor. It will be helpful for the performer in the practical, observation of the Induction Motor in the lab, as the design motor will be the simulation of the actual motor used for the practical and experiment. The Factors such as direction of magnetic field, magnetic field density, number of windings, heat dissipation, temperature gradient, current flow, etc. which are not visible for the performer but actually plays a very important role for the performance and the efficiency of the Induction Motor will be seen digitally, graphically with the help of simulation on the platform of ANSYS software. The design and calculation of various parameters of the induction motor are done to obtain a simulation which will be approximate to that of the induction motor used for the practical purposes. This will not only increase the interest of the performer but also the understandability of the practical will be more convenient as the performer will be able to gain knowledge about various parameter which were practically impossible to view.
ANSYS, Design, Induction Motor, MAXWELL, Simulation.
- Andres Diaz, Roger Saltares, Christian Rodriguez, Roberto F. Nunez, Eduardo I. Ortiz-Rivera, Jesus Gonzalez-Llorente, “Induction motor equivalent circuit for dynamic simulation”, IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference, 2009.
- Nouri Ali Daw, “Comparison of lab work and simulation results for speed control of single-phase induction motor capacitor starting”, 17th International Conference on Sciences and Techniques of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering (STA), 2016.
- Essam E. M. Mohamed, Taiea A. Ahmed, Mahmoud A. Sayed, “Real-time simulation of position control for linear induction motor drives using cascaded sliding mode control”, International Conference on Innovative Trends in Computer Engineering (ITCE 2018), 2018.
- T. Aboul-Seoud, J. Jatskevich, “Dynamic modeling of induction motor loads for transient voltage stability studies”, IEEE Electrical Power & Energy Conference , 2008.
- Aiyuan Wang, “Modeling and simulation of energy saving for inverter-fed induction motor”, International Conference on Automation and Logistics Qingdao , 2008.
- Qianxiang Li, Jingtao Hu, “Simulation Model of Induction Motor Based on LabVIEW”, Third International Conference on Intelligent Networks and Intelligent Systems, 2010.
- Amit Kumar Singh, Praveen Kumar; C Upendra Reddy, Kashyap Prabhakar, “Simulation of direct torque control of induction motor using Simulink, simplorer and Maxwell software”, IEEE International Transportation Electrification Conference (ITEC), 2015.
- Hui Zhu, Ximei Liu, Nikos E. Mastorakis, “The Simulation Analysis of Motor Startup Based on the ETAP Platform”, International Conference on Mathematics and Computers in Sciences and in Industry, 2014.
- Nikolay Matanov, “Study of the impact of induction motors starting on the supply voltage”, 16th Conference on Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems (ELMA), 2019.
- Salah A. Abdel Maksoud,Tatyana V. Chestyunina, “Simulation and Experimental Increased Temperature Effect on Induction Motor Parameters”, XIV International Scientific-Technical Conference on Actual Problems of Electronics Instrument Engineering (APEIE), 2018.
- A.K. Sawhney, Electrical Machine Design - Edition 6 (Dhanpat Rai & Co., 2014).