Induction Motor Protection Using PLC
Mr. Dhiraj Bukale, Mr. Pawan Balugade, Mr. Vrushabh Kamerkar, Prof. Mukeshkumar Mishra, " Induction Motor Protection Using PLC", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 14, pp. 1-5, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
Induction motor is rotating type of electro-mechanical device. Induction motor convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. Induction motor is highly reliable, require less maintenance and have high efficiency. Induction motor are wide in range of operation and it used in many application because its construction is simple and robust. In past induction motor can be protected by manual operation of component such as timer, contactor, electromagnetic switch, voltage and current transformer. Protection of an induction motor against problem such as short circuit, temperature rise, single phasing and motor vibration occurring in the operation is very important. Manual operation of protection system are very slow and is not accurate. Looking to this issues, in this paper PLC based protection method is used. Which operated automatically, provide higher accuracy and quick response.
Economical, Fault analysis, Induction motor, PLC, Reliable.
- Ambili Pradeep, Elizabeth Thomas, Kavya Mohan, “Protection of Induction Motor From Abnormal Conditions using PLC”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Vol. 6, Issue 4, April 2017.
- Arti K. Rode, Mahesh S. Pathe, “Fault Detection and Protection of Induction Motor by using PLC”, International Journal of Research in Engineering, Science and Management Volume-3, Issue-7, June-2019
- Dileep Kumar1, Abdul Basit1, Aisha Saleem, "PLC Based Monitoring & Protection of 3-Phase Induction Motors against Various Abnormal Conditions ",International Conference on Computing, Mathematics and Engineering Technologies, July-2019, pp. 294-298.
- Colak, “Protecting of Induction Motor using PLC ”, 12, April 2007
- Bhagyashree S. Bhosale, Mohit V. Burad, “Protection and automated of AC motor by using PLC”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, volume -05, Issue 4, pp. 3672-3675,April 2018.
- M. Peltola, “Slip of induction motors and how to minimize it”, ABB Drives Technical Paper, ABB, New Berlin, 2015, pp.1–5.
- G. S. Yadava, and B. Singh, “A survey of stator fault analysis techniques for AC motors ”, IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., vol. - 20, no.2, pp.106–111, Mar.2010.
- W. Bin,“A survey on AC motors online fault identification”, in 3rd Int. Power Electron. Motion Control Conf, vol. 3, pp.1353–1358, May. 2018
- Nordin Saad, Rosdiazli Ibrahim, “Development of intelligent condition monitoring system for AC induction motors using PLC”,IEEE Business Engineering and Industrial Applications Colloquium (BEIAC), vol no 5,pp 1466-1472, Feb.2018.