A Study of Data Storage Security Issues in Cloud Computing
Tushar Bobade,Prof.Chandani Patel, "A Study of Data Storage Security Issues in Cloud Computing", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 176, pp. 1-5, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
Cloudcomputingprovidesondemandservicestoitsclients.Datastorageisamongoneoftheprimaryservices providedbycloudcomputing.Cloudserviceproviderhoststhedataofdataownerontheirserverandusercan accesstheirdatafromtheseservers.Asdata,ownersandserversaredifferentidentities,theparadigmofdata storagebringsupmanysecuritychallenges.Anindependentmechanismisrequiredtomakesurethatdatais correctlyhostedintothecloudstorageserver.Inthispaper,wewilldiscussthedifferenttechniquesthatare usedforsecuredatastorageoncloud. Cloud computing is a functional paradigm that is evolving and making IT utilization easier by the day for consumers. Cloud computing offers standardized applications to users online and in a manner that can be accessed regularly. Such applications can be accessed by as many persons as permitted within an organization without bothering about the maintenance of such application. The Cloud also provides a channel to design and deploy user applications including its storage space and database without bothering about the underlying operating system. The application can run without consideration for on premise infrastructure. Also, the Cloud makes massive storage available both for data and databases. Storage of data on the Cloud is one of the core activities in Cloud computing. Storage utilizes infrastructure spread across several geographical locations.
Cloud computing, Cloud storage server, Data storage , Functional paradigm , Storage space.
- V.Nirmala, R.K.Sivanandhan, Dr.R.Shanmuga Lakshmi, “Data Confidentiality and Integrity Verification usingUser Authenticator scheme in cloud”, Proceedings of 2013 International Conference on Green High Performance Computing (ICGHPC 2013). March 14-15, 2013,India.
- ArjunKumar,ByungGookLee,HoonJaeLee, Anu Kumari, “Secure Storage and Access of Data in Cloud Computing”, 2012International Conference on ICT Convergence (ICTC),15-17 Oct.2012.
- M.R.Tribhuwan, V.A.Bhuyar, Shabana Pirzade, “Ensuring Data Storage Security in Cloud Computing through Two-way Handshake based on Token Management”, 2010 International Conference on Advances in Recent Technologies in Communication and Computing.
- Mr. Prashant Rewagad, Ms.Yogita Pawar, “Use of Digital Signature with Diffie Hellman Key Exchange and AES Encryption Algorithm to Enhance Data Security in Cloud Computing”, 2013 International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies. UmaSomani,KanikaLakhani,ManishMundra, “Implementing Digital Signature with RSA Encryption Algorithm to Enhance the Data Security of Cloud in Cloud Computing”, 1st International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Grid Computing (PDGC - 2010).
- M. AlZain, E. Pardede, B. Soh, and J. Thom, “Cloud computing security: From single to multi-clouds,”inSystemScience(HICSS),2012 45th Hawaii International Conference on, Jan 2012, pp.5490–5499.
- M. Sookhak, H. Talebian, E. Ahmed, A.Gani, and M. K. Khan, “A review on remote data auditinginsinglecloudserver:Taxonomyand openissues,”JournalofNetworkandComputer Applications,vol.43,pp.121–141,2014.
- E. Aguiar, Y. Zhang, and M. Blanton, “An overviewofissuesandrecentdevelopmentsin cloudcomputingandstoragesecurity,”inHigh PerformanceCloudAuditingandApplications. Springer, 2014, pp.3–33.
- I. Gul, M. Islam et al., “Cloud computing security auditing,” in Next Generation Information Technology (ICNIT), 2011 The 2ndInternationalConferenceon.IEEE,2011, pp.143–148.
- E.M.Mohamed,H.S.Abdelkader,andS.El- Etriby, “Enhanced data security model for cloudcomputing,”inInformaticsandSystems (INFOS), 2012 8th International Conference on.IEEE,2012,pp.CC–12.
- S.Ramgovind,M.M.Eloff,andE.Smith,“The management of security in cloud computing,” in Information Security for South Africa (ISSA),2010.IEEE,2010,pp.1–7.
- F. Sabahi, “Cloud computing security threats and responses,” in Communication Software and Networks (ICCSN), 2011 IEEE 3rd International Conference on. IEEE, 2011, pp. 245–249.
- X. Wang, B. Wang, and J. Huang, “Cloud computing and its key techniques,” in Computer Science and Automation Engineering(CSAE),2011IEEEInternational Conferenceon,vol.2.IEEE,2011,pp.404–410
- Sultan Aldossary, William Allen, “Data Security, Privacy, Availability and Integrity in Cloud Computing: Issues andCurrent Solutions”, in International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, Vol. 7, No. 4, 2016
- Latifur Khan and Bhavani Thuraisingham, “Security Issues for Cloud Computing”, in Technical Report UTDCS-02-10, February 2010.
- T. Sookhak, H. Talebian, E. Ahmed, A.Gani, and M. K. Khan, “A review on remote data auditinginsinglecloudserver:Taxonomyand openissues,”JournalofNetworkandComputer Applications,vol.43,pp.121–141,2014.