DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF FOODGRAINS PACKAGING SYSTEM USING SCREW CONVEYOR
Sumeet Patil, Yash Sawant, Abhishek Vinerkar, Nidish Shetty, "DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF FOODGRAINS PACKAGING SYSTEM USING SCREW CONVEYOR", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 192, pp. 1-7, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
This paper aims at developing a mechanism for easy and quick packaging of foodgrains or oils without being spilled out of the package. The need for such a system arises from requirements in our society wanting to have a packaging system that will pack the foodgrains more efficiently. The mechanism consists of screw conveyor as one of the component used for transferring the bulk from one place to another. The geometry of an Archimedes/Conveyor screw is governed by certain external parameters (its outer radius, length, and slope) and certain internal parameters (its inner radius, number of blades, and the pitch of the blades). The external parameters are usually determined by the location of the screw and how much bulk or liquid is to be lifted. The internal parameters, however, are free to be chosen to optimize the performance of the screw. In this report the inner radius and pitch that maximize the volume of foodgrains or liquid lifted in one turn of the screw are found. The optimal parameter values found are used in the design of modern Archimedes screws.
Screw Conveyor, Loadcell, Packaging.
- Rorres C.: "The turn of the Screw: Optimum design of an Archimedes Screw", ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Volume 126, Number 1, Jan.2000, pp. 72–80.
- Borah S, Chowdhury B, Gogoi S and Askary Z, ‘A Theoretical Study of Design Parameters of an Archimedean Screw Turbine’, Volume 2, Issue 2014 – Published 2015, pp. 32-34.
- Gerald muller, james senior, “Simplified theory of Archimedes screw” Journal of hydraulic research, Vol.47, 2009.
- Prajakta Hambir, Nimish Joshi, Pranav Karanda, Amol Kolhe 2019, International Research Journal of Engineering & Technology, Vol.6, Issue- 5.
- Tawanda mushiri, Charles Mbohwa, ‘Design of a small scale cereal packaging machine suitable for developing countries’, 2015, International Conference on Operations Excellence and Service Engineering, USA.
- H. J. Zhan, G. Q. Zhan, C. Q. Wang, ‘Failure Mode Analysis of Heat Sealing Strength of Plastic Packaging Bag’, 2015, Packaging Journal, Vol. 07.
- M.R.Saraf, V.V.Ruivale, ‘Design & development of cost effective automatic machine for powder packaging’, International journal of engg & technology , 2016.
- Suramya Dilrukshi Fernando Mihindukulasuriya,‘Investigations of Heat Seal Para-meters and Oxygen Detection in Flexible Packages’, 2012. http://ijarece.org/wpcontent/uploads/2016/05/IJARECE-VOL-5-ISSUE-4-1009-1012.pdf last Accessed on 2nd March, 2020.