DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF PAPR SYSTEM FOR POWDER COATING
Rai Vedan, Raut Harsh, Sankhe Adit, Sankhe Yatharth, "DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF PAPR SYSTEM FOR POWDER COATING", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 194, pp. 1-5, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
The project defines the problem faced by the workers in powder coating industries. Powder coating is a process by which electrostatically charged powder is applied on to an earthed object. The health effects that a worker may experience following exposure to a hazardous chemical can become apparent after a short period of time, and includes headaches, nausea or vomiting, dizziness, burns to skin and eyes an irritation to the nose, throat and lungs. Long term health effects include asthma, dermatitis, kidney or liver damage, cancer and central nervous system. The solution for the factors affecting the worker’s health and life, should provide the proper protective equipment. Our design approach provides proper ventilated respiratory system to the person wearing personal protective equipment, with air purification by providing the filters which will purify the air pumped inside the kit.
Air purification, Health, Personal protective equipment, Respiratory system, Safety, Workers.
- A. Tcharkhtchia et. N. Abbasnezhad, M. Zarbini Seydani, N. Zirak Farzeneh, M. Shirinbayan. “An overview of filtration efficiency through mask”, pp. 107-120, 2020.  BLS and NIOSH. Respirator usage, 2018.
- Brown LM, Rogers B, Buckheit K, Curran JP. “Evaluation of 9 health care organizations' respiratory protection programs and respiratory protective device practices”. American Journal of Infection Control., vol 46, issue 3, pp. 350– 352, 2017.
- Jung - Hyun Kim, et. TianzhouWu, Jeffrey B. Powell, Raymond J, Roberg. “Physiologic and fit factor profiles of N95 and P100 filtering facepiece respirators for use in hot, humid environment”. American journal of infection control., vol 44, issue 2, pp. 194- 198, 2016.
- IOM, The use and effectiveness of powered air purifying respirators in health care. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention and National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health: “NIOSH guide to the selection and use of particulate respirators”, pp. 96-101, 2015.
- Work Health and Safety [WHS] Act, Spray Painting and Powder Coating, 2015.
- Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine, Diagnosis and Prevention of Diseases Induced by Isocyanate, pp. 40–46, 2002.
- Leif Darner, “Powder Technology: Complete Guide to Powder Coating”, Interpon Powder Coating 1999.
- DEPARTMENT of HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, Public Health Service Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), 1998.