Fabrication Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) For Agricultural Purposes
Chaitanya Samant, Samson Sonawane, Bhavesh Prajapati, Tushar Nimbare, "Fabrication Of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) For Agricultural Purposes", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 208, pp. 1-4, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
There are too many technologies involved in today’s Agriculture, out of which spraying pesticides using drones is one of the emerging technologies. Manual pesticide spraying causes many harmful side effects for the personnel involved in the spraying process. Birth defects, cancers, genetic changes, blood and nerve disorders, endocrine disturbance, coma, and death are also potential side effects of exposure. The World Health Organization estimates that one million cases of disease have been affected by the manual spraying of pesticides in the crop field. This paved the way to design a drone mounted with spraying mechanism having 12 V pump, 2 Litre storage capacity tank, 4 nozzles to atomize in fine spray , an hex copter configuration frame ,suitable landing frame, 6 Brushless Direct Current (BLDC) motors with suitable propellers to produce required thrust about 12 KG(at 100% RPM) and suitable Lithium Polymer (LI-PO) battery of current capacity 8000 MAH and 14.4 V to meet necessary current and voltage requirements. This pesticide spraying drone cuts down on pesticide application time, labour, and expense. By adjusting the flow discharge of the pump, this sort of drone may also be used to spray disinfectant liquids over houses, water sources, and densely populated areas. The Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) reduces the direct handling of pesticides by human beings and helps to protect them from any injury which will give to them by pesticides. Also, the entire area chosen by the drone is sprayed and covered very well. There are many processes to fabricate a UAV for the use of agricultural activities. The processes like drilling, CNC milling,3D printing are required to fabricate the above model.
-Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), Drones , Hex copter, Sprayer, ESC.
- B.Balaji, S.K.Chennupati, S.R.Krishna Chilakalapudi, R.Katuri, K.Mareedu, “Design of UAV (Drone) for Crops,Weather Monitoring and For Spraying Fertilizers and Pesticides.”, .
- Dongyan, Misbah Rehman.Z, Kavya.B, Divya Mehta, “Hex copter for pesticide spraying” International journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, p.p 71-74,(2016).
- J. Kurkute, B.D. Deore, P.Kasar, M.Bhamare, M.Sahane, “Drones for Smart Agriculture: A Technical Report”, IJRET,p.p.2321-9653(2018).
- K. Korlahalli “Hex copter UAV based Fertilizer and Pesticide Spraying System p.p 103- 109,(2017).
- S. Kedari, Reinecke, M., & Prinsloo, T. The influence of drone monitoring on crop health and harvest size, p.p 187-192, (2018).