Light Fidelity(LiFi)- Wireless Optical Networking Technology
Mahesh Munde ,Prof. Pragati Mestry, "Light Fidelity(LiFi)- Wireless Optical Networking Technology ", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 211, pp. 1-6, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
The study LiFi (Light Fidelity) demonstrates about how can we use this technology as a medium of communication similar to Wifi . This is the latest technology proposed by Harold Haas in 2011. It explains about the process of transmitting data with the help of illumination of an Led bulb and about its speed intensity to transmit data. Basically in this paper, author will discuss about the technology and also explain that how we can replace from WiFi to LiFi . WiFi generally used for wireless coverage within the buildings while LiFi is capable for high intensity wireless data coverage in limited areas with no obstacles .This research paper represents introduction of the Lifi technology,performance,modulation and challenges. This research paper can be used as a reference and knowledge to develop some of LiFitechnology.
Challenges, Intensity, LiFi, Modulation, Performance
- U. Murat, C. Capsoni, Z. Ghassemlooy, A. Boucouvalas and E. Udvary, Optical Wireless Communications An Emerging Technology, Switzerland:Springer International Publishing, 2016.
- S. Rajagopal, R. Roberts and S.-K. Lim, "IEEE 802.15.7 visible light communication: Modulation schemes and dimming support", IEEE Communication Magazine, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 72-82, Mar. 2012.
- H. Haas, L. Yin, Y. Wang and C. Chen, "What is LiFi?", Journal of Light Wave Technology, 2015.
- D. Tsonev, S. Videv and H. Haas, "Light Fidelity (Li-Fi): Towards All-Optical Networking", SPIE 9007 Broadband Access Communication Technologies VIII 900702, 2014.
- N. Sklavos, M. Hübner, D Goehringer and P. Kitsos, System-Level Design Methodologies for Telecommunication, Switzerland:Springer International Publishing, pp. 28, 2014.
- T. Koonen, J. Oh, K. Mekonnen, Z. Cao and E. Tangdiongga, "Indoor Optical Wireless Communication using Steered Pencil Beams", Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 34, no. 20, pp. 4802-4809, 2016.
- A.V.N. Jalajakumari, E. Xie, J. McKendry, E. Gu, M.D. Dawson, H. Haas, et al., "High speed integrated digital to light converter for short range visible light communication", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 10 2016.
- A. Jovicic, T.J. Richardson and J. Li, "Method and apparatus for power-efficient joint dimming and visible light communication", U.S. Provisional Application Ser. No. 611767952, Feb. 2013.
- S. Schmid, M. Gorlatova, D. Giustiniano, V. Vukadinovic and S. Mangold, Networking Smart Toys with Wireless ToyBridge and ToyTalk Poster Session Infocom, Springer International Publishing, 2011.
- S. Schmid, T. Richner, S. Mangold, B. Switzerland and R. Thomas Gross, "EnLighting: An Indoor Visible Light Communication System Based on Networked Light Bulbs", Sensing Communication and Networking (SECON) 2016 13th Annual IEEE International Conference on, 2016.
- W. Qing, G. Domenico and D. Puccinelli, "OpenVLC: Software-defined visible light embedded networks", Proceeding VLCS '14 Proceedings of the 1st ACM MobiCom workshop on VLC systems, pp. 15-20, 2014.
- A. Vega, "Li-fi record data transmission of 10Gbps set using LED lights", Engineering and Technology Magazine, November 2015.
- A.M. Kalid, G. Cossu, R Corsini, P. Choudhury and E. Ciaramella, "1-Gb/s transmission over a phosphorescent while led by using rate-adaptive discrete Multitone Modulation", IEEE Photonics Journal, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 1465-1473, 2012.
- G. Cossu, A.M. Khalid, P. Choudhury, R. Corsini and E. Ciaramella, "3.4 Gbit/s visible optical wireless transmission based on RGB LED", Optics Express, vol. 20, no. 26, pp. B501-B506, December 2012.
- D. Tsonev, H. Chun, S. Rajbhandari, J.D. McKendry, S. Videv and E. Gu, "A 3-Gb/s Single-LED OFDM-Based Wireless VLC Link Using a Gallium Nitride µLED", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 26, no. 7.
- D. Tsonev, S. Videv and H. Haas, "Towards a 100Gb/s visible light wireless access network", Optics Express.
- M.S. Islim and H. Haas, "Modulation techniques for Li-Fi", ZTE Communications, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 29-40, April 2016.
- A. Gomez, K. Shi and C. Quintana, "Beyond 100-Gb/s iIndoor wide field-of-view optical wireless communications", IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 27, no. 4, Feb. 2015.
- C.W. Oh, E. Tangdiongga and A.M.J. Koonen, "42.8 Gbit/s indoor optical wireless communication with 2-dimensional optical beam-steering", Optical Fiber Communications Conference and Exhibition (OFC), 2015.
- S. Dimitrov and H. Haas, Principles of LED Light Communications Towards Networked Li-Fi. Cambridge CB2 8BS, United Kingdom:Cambridge University Press, 2015.