EFFECTIVE RISK MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
Mr. Sagar parab, Ms. Siddhi patil, Mr. Aniket sudrik, Mr.Smitesh palav, "EFFECTIVE RISK MANAGEMENT IN CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 233, pp. 1-4, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
Risk management is a step to make construction projects more efficient and practical such that uncertainties should be identified before occurring and changing into crisis and a balance should be made between threats and opportunities. Accordingly, construction industry is one of the most important and job creating industries in all countries. Compared to other economic-industrial sectors, construction management is highly influenced by the perception and employment of risk management concept. Additionally, there are abundant risks in such activities since Construction projects activities are very complex and various. Hence, it seems necessary to evaluate the proper use of risk management in various stages of Construction projects life cycle. In this regard, the present study attempts to describe Construction projects life cycle step by step and analyse the way of using risk management from designing stage to reviewing and supporting stage. The risk management framework for construction projects can be improved by combining qualitative and quantitative methodologies to risk analysis. The research work includes visiting and inspecting various construction sites, analysing the field, collection of data, interpretation of data; using matrix method of risk calculation calculating risk and providing effective measures to overcome it..
Analysing, Assessing, Controlling, Monitoring, Response.
- Anthony Mills, A systematic approach to risk management for construction, Structural survey, 2001. Vol. 19 No. 5, pp. 245-252.
- Peter J Edwards, Paul A Bowen, Risk and risk management in construction: a review and future directions for research, Engineering Construction and Architectural Management 5 (4), 339-349, 1998.
- Huang Hongwei, State of the art of the research on risk management in construction of tunnel and underground works, Chinese Journal of Underground Space and Engineering 2 (1), 13-20, 2006.
- Shahid Iqbal, Rafiq M Choudhry, Klaus Holschemacher, Ahsan Ali, Jolanta Tamošaitiene, Risk management in construction projects Technological and Economic Development of Economy 21 (1), 65-78, 2015.
- Martin Schieg, Risk management in construction project management Journal of Business Economics and Management 7 (2), 77-83, 2006.
- RA Bahamid, SI Doh, A review of risk management process in construction projects of developing countries, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering 271 (1), 2017.
- Berenger Y. Renault1 a and Justus N. Agumba2, Risk management in the construction industry: A new literature review, University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Abdulmaten Taroun, Towards a better modelling and assessment of construction risk: Insights from a literature review, International journal of Project management 32 (1), 101-115, 2014.
- Nini Xia, Patrick XW Zou, Mark A Griffin, Xueqing Wang, Rui Zhong, towards integrating construction risk management and stakeholder management: A systematic literature review and future research agendas International Journal of Project Management 36 (5), 701-715, 2018.
- Ekaterina Osipova, Per Erik Eriksson, How procurement options influence risk management in construction projects, Construction Management and Economics 29 (11), 1149-1158, 2011