Prosthetic Arm for Amputees
Ms. Haridra Gazzela, Ms. Bhagyashree Shirkar, Ms. Neetu Yadav, Nutan Malekar, "Prosthetic Arm for Amputees", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 27, pp. 1-6, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
A robotic arm is a Programmable mechanical arm which copies the functions of the human arm. They are widely used in industries. Human robot-controlled interfaces mainly focus on providing rehabilitation to amputees in order to overcome their amputation or disability leading them to live a normal life. The major objective of this project is to develop a movable robotic arm controlled by EMG signals from the muscles of the upper limb. In this system, our main aim is on providing a low 2-dimensional input derived from emg to move the arm. This project involves creating a prosthesis system that allows signals recorded directly from the human body. The arm is mainly divided into 2 parts, control part and moving part. Movable part contains the servo motor which is connected to the Arduino Uno board, and it helps in developing a motion in accordance with the EMG signals acquired from the body. The control part is the part that is controlled by the operation according to the movement of the amputee. Mainly the initiation of the movement for the threshold fixed in the coding. The major aim of the project is to provide an affordable and easily operable device that helps even the poor sections of the amputated society to lead a happier and normal life by mimicking the functions of the human arm in terms of both the physical, structural as well as functional aspects.
Amputees, Arduino Uno Board, EMG Signals, Human-Robot Controlled Interfaces, Prosthesis System, Servo Motor, Threshold value.
- Hussein F. Hassan, Sadiq J. Abou-Loukh, Ibraheem Kasim Ibraheem , "Teleoperated robotic arm movement using electromyography signal with wearable Myo armband", Journal of King Saud University – Engineering Sciences 32 (2020) 378–387
- Rajesh Kannan Megalingam, Ajithesh Gupta B V, Tatikonda Uday Dutt, A HitinSushruth, "Switch and Thought Controlled Robotic Arm for Paralysis Patients and Arm Amputees", 2013 IEEE
- Pinghua Hu, Shunchong Li, Xinpu Chen, Dingguo Zhang, and Xiangyang Zhu, "A Continuous Control Scheme for Malfunction", Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2010
- ChaninJoochim, NuttawutSiriwatcharakul, "Artificial Human Arm Controlled by Muscle Electromyography (EMG)", 2018 Third International Conference on Engineering Science and Innovative Technology (ESIT)
- MinsangSeo, Dukchan Yoon, Junghoon Kim, and Youngjin Choi, ” EMG-based Prosthetic Hand Control System Inspired by Missing- Hand Movement”, The 12th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence (URAI 2015) October 28 ~ 30, 2015 / KINTEX, Goyang city, Korea.
- Panagiotis K. Artemiadis and Kostas J. Kyriakopoulos, "EMG-Based Control of a Robot Arm Using Low-Dimensional Embeddings",IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ROBOTICS, VOL. 26, NO. 2, APRIL 2010
- R.Tamilselvi, A.Merline, M.ParisaBeham, R.Vijay Anand, M.Shre Karthik and R.H.Uthayakumar Department of ECE, Sethu Institute of Technology, Tamilnadu, India, "EMG Activated Robotic Arm for Amputees", Second International Conference on Inventive Systems and Control (ICISC 2018)
- Toyokazu Takeuchi, Takahiro Wada, Masato Mukobaru and Shun'ichi Doi, “A TrainingSystem for Myoelectric Prosthetic Hand in Virtual Environment ”, 2007 , IEEE/ICME International Conference in Complex Medical Engineering.
- Michaela Snajdarova, Jan Barabas, Roman Radil, Ondrej Hock, “Proof of concept EMG-controlled prosthetic hand system: An overview”, 2018, Slovakia00 ©2018 IEEE.
- M. A Osaka and H. Hu, "Myoelectric control system-A survey." Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 275-294, 2007.
- Khushaba, Rami N., et al. "Toward improved control of prosthetic fingers using surface electromyogram (EMG) signals." Expert Systems with Applications 39.12 (2012).
- Y. R. Pizarro, J. M. Schuler, and T. C. Lippitt, “3d printed robotic hand,” technical report, KSC, Kennedy Space Center, January 2013.
- I.Daut, C.Shatri, M.Irwanto, A.N.Syafawati , S.S.Shema “Power Generation Roof Ventilator”2011 International Conference on Environment and Industrial Innovation IPCBEE vol.12 (2011) © (2011) IACSIT Press, Singapore.
- J. Cal, D. A. Calian, C. Amati, R. Kleinberger, A. Steed, J. Kautz, and T. Weyrich, “3d-printing of non-assembly, articulated models,” ACM Trans. Graph., vol. 31, pp. 130:1–130:8, Nov. 2012.
- K. J. De Laurentis and C. Mavroidis, “Rapid fabrication of a non-assembly robotic hand with embedded components,” Assembly Automation, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 394–405, 2004.