DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF WELDING FIXTURES AND POSITIONERS
Gupta Aakash, Choudhary Nikesh, Hait Surajit, Gupta Chanabhan, "DESIGN AND FABRICATION OF WELDING FIXTURES AND POSITIONERS", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 28, pp. 1-6, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
In recent times, manufacturing industries have shown more interest towards Automation. In other words, the industries today emerge with evolving technology. It is obvious that Industrial Automation streamlines the operations in terms of speed, reliability and product output. In this thesis, welding fixture for two wheeler steering handle is modeled using CATIA software, forces are calculated, and an analysis has been carried out in the precisions placing of one circular component over another circular component during the welding process. Welding circular rod over another circular rod, the possibility of maintaining the accuracy in placing of curved surfaces is very less in the mass production. Here the difficulty is overcome by the new design of the fixture, and the angle as well as the linear movements is maintained in the accuracy of 0.1 mm without any robots. In the field of welding engineering where a consistently good quality, low cost with a maximum productivity is a must, this accuracy canbe done by without automation. Welding fixtures are available in different size, shapes, materials and mechanisms based on their need of operations. The precision of the fixture play a major role in the manufacturing component. Batch production is the commonly used method in various small and large industries. Welding a curved surface over an another curved surface is very challenging so is positioning the components. In mass production, positioning a job takes significant amount of time due to manual process. To overcome this challenge, theoretical approach has been carried out on the fixture like design fabrication and analysis.
2 dimension, 3 dimension, American Iron and Steel Institute, Horizontal Force,Vertical Force.
- O P Khanna “Welding Technology”,; Dhanapat Rai Publication; 1999.
- Jafar Takabi, M.M. Khonsari, “Experimental testing and thermal analysis of ball bearings”, Tribology International 60 (2013) 93–103.
- Lelio Della Pietra et al “Tension in flat belt transmission: Experimental investigation”, Mechanism and Machine Theory 70 (2013) ,pp 129–156
- Jun young choi et al., “Effect of current and Voltage on on strength of lap joint with CO2 welding process key engineering materials”,vol. 297-300(2005),pp 2859-2863
- Kalaikathir Achchagam published“P S G Design Data Book”; Published, 2011.
- V B Bhandari; Tata McGraw Hill Publication “Design of Machine Elements”,; 2009.
- R S Khurmi and J K Gupta “Machine Design”,; S Chand Publication; 2010
- Erdman and Sandor “Engineering Mechanism”,; Prentice Hall Publication; 2001.http://ijarece.org/wpcontent/uploads/2016/05/IJARECE-VOL-5-ISSUE-4-1009-1012.pdf last Accessed on 2nd March, 2020.
- Amitabh Ghosh and Malik “Manufacturing Science”, Amitabh Ghosh and Malik; East West Publication; 2011.
- S K Hajra Choudhury and A K Hajra Choudhury “Elements of Workshop Technology” Vol 1- Manufacturing Processes,; Media Promoters and Publishers Pvt. Ltd.; 1994.