Just in Time System: A Study and Review
Ms. Aditi Pimpale, "Just in Time System: A Study and Review", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 1, pp. 1-8, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
Just in Time has been a very popular operation strategy partly because of its success in Japanese industry. JIT is a methodologies used to enhance manufacturers’ competitiveness through inventory and lead time reduction. JIT implementation can involve a series of incremental steps and missteps, before the desired outcome is achieved. How many people in the automobile industry, manufacturing industry, and electrical industry can truly say that they have not heard about JIT? JIT implementation improves performance through lower inventory levels, reduced quality cost and greater customer responsiveness. This paper will examine the roll of a company’s resource. This paper present a literature review on a small manufacturing that altered its resources configuration from a producer- consumer relationship separated by a buffer, to a simultaneity constraint. The result of this paper shows that the removal of the buffer system increased the manufacturing system’s need for mix flexibility and indicates that JIT system is success full, and operating JIT system can lead to many advantages to the case company.
Buffer System, Faster response, Inventory reduction, Just in Time, Producer-Consumer relationship.
- Golden, S. A. R., and Regi, S. B., “Satisfaction of customers towards user Friendly Technological Services offered by Public and Private Sector bank at Palayamkottai, Tirunelveli District”, International Journal of Research, 2(3), 2015, pp. 775-787.
- Vikas kumar, “JIT Based Quality Management Concepts and Implications in Indian Context”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, 2(1), 2010, pp. 40-50..
- Padukone H. and Subba R. H., “Global status of JIT- Implication for developing countries”, International Journal of Research, 34(3), 1993, pp. 419-429.
- Schonberger R. J. and Ebrahimpour, M.,“The Japanese Just-in-Time Total Quality control production system: potential for developing countries”, International Journal of Production Research, 22(1), 1984, pp. 421-430.
- Golden, S. A. R. (2011). “A Study On Investment Pattern And Preference Of Investors In Trichy City, Tamil Nadu”, RETELL, 12(1), 2011, PP. 20-24. .