Review of Tribological characteristics of Modified PEEK Composites
Manojkumar Yadav,"Review of Tribological characteristics of Modified PEEK Composites", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 35, pp. 1-6, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
The behavior of and structure with use of polyetheretherketone (PEEK) composites are summarized here in details. The research progress of friction and wear resistance properties as a tribological charaterstics of PEEK composites with modified by carbon fiber, other nano scale and micro-scales particles, are also summarized scopes for further future research ahead are put forward.
Wear property, Carbon fiber, Polyetheretherketone, Tribological.
- Jinwen Wang, Poly ether ether ketone, in: Hand book of Engineering and Specialty Thermo Plastics, Vol. 3: Polyethers and Ployesters, New York, Wiley, 2011, pp. 55–87
- H. Tourani, Effects of fibers and nanoparticles reinforcements on the and biological properties of hybrid composite poly ether ether ketone/short carbon fiber/nano-SiO2, Polymer. Compos. 34 (11) (2013) 1961–1969..
- Y.-F. Niu, Y. Yang, T.-Y. Li, J.-W. Yao, Effects of UV irradiation and condensation on poly(ether-ether-ketone)/carbon fiber composites from nano- to macroscale, High Performance Polym. 30 (2) (2017) 230–238.
- Nevin Gamze Karsli, Sadi Demirkol, Taner Yilmaz, Thermal aging and reinforcement type effects on the tribological thermal, thermo mechanical, physical and morphological properties of poly(ether ether ketone) composites, Compos. B 88 (2016) 258–268.
- A. Martin, F. Addiego, G. Mertz, J. Bardon, D. Ruch, P. Dubois, Pitch-based carbon fibre-reinforced PEEK composites: optimization of interphase properties by water-based treatments and self-assembly, J. Mater. Sci. Eng. 6 (1) (2016) 1000308, https://doi.org/10.4172/2169-0022.1000308.
- A. Avanzini, G. Donzella, D. Gallina, S. Pandini, C. Petrogalli, Fatigue behavior and cyclic damage of PEEK short fiber reinforced composites, Compos. B 45 (2013) 397–406.
- K. Fujihara, Zheng-Ming Huanga, S. Ramakrishna, K Satknanantham, H. Hamada. Performance study of braided carbon/PEEK compression bone plates. Biomaterials, 2003, 24: 2661-2667..
- Hiroshi Nakamura, Takashi Nakamura, Toru Noguchi, Kichiro Imagawa. Photodegradation of PEEK sheets under tensile stress. Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2006, 91: 740-746..
- Rapee Gosalawita, Suwabun Chirachanchai, Angelo Basile, Adolfo Iulianelli. PEEK-WC membranes and Krytox-Si-Nafion® composite Membranes. Desalination, 2009, 235: 293-305..
- Krishal Patel, Colin S. Doyle, Bryony J. James, Margaret M. Hyland. Valence band XPS and FT-IR evaluation of thermal degradation of HVAF thermally sprayed PEEK coatings. Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2010, 95: 792-797.
- Krishal Patel, Colin S. Doyle, Daisuke Yonekura, Bryony J. James. Effect of surface roughness parameters on thermally sprayed PEEK coatings. Surface & Coatings Technology, 2010, 204: 3567-3572.
- G. Zhang, W. Y. Lia, M. Cherigui, C. Zhang, H. Liao, J. M. Bordes, C. Coddet. Structures and tribological performances of PEEK (poly-ether-ether-ketone)-based coatings designed for tribological application. Progress in Organic Coatings, 2007, 60: 39-44..
- Lin Ye, Llaus Friedrich, Jachim Kästel, Yiu-Wing Mai. Consolidation of unidirectional CF/PEEK composites from coming led yarn prepreg. Composite Science and Technology, 1995, 54: 3409-353.
- Patrick R. Schmidlin, Bogna Stawarczyk, Marco Wieland, Thomas Attina, Christoph H. F. Hämerleb, Jens Fischerb. Effect of different surface pre-treatments and luting materials on shear bond strength to PEEK. Dental Materials, 2010, 26: 553-559.