Partial Binomial Distribution method for Generation capacity outage using Spreadsheets
Rahul Abhyankar, "Partial Binomial Distribution method for Generation capacity outage using Spreadsheets", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 39, pp. 1-3, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
Reliability in large power system is a major concern in this modern age. There are various methods to find out the reliability for the generation capacity. Whenever a generator fails, the capacity of that particular generator is considered as outage. in this paper a major focus will be on the binomial distribution method which is useful when all generators have same generating capacity. A simple formula and Microsoft excel tables will be helpful to find out the generation outage for more number of generators. This will solve the human errors in calculations and fast results will be helpful for future planning in the power systems.
Availability, Forced Outage Rate, Generation outage, Reliability of Power system, Spreadsheets
- Lt Col Rahul Dutt Sharma, “Python Tools for Big Data Analytics” IJSR, Vol 9, Issue 5, May 2020.
- Akshansh Sharma, Firoj Khan, Deepak Sharma, Dr. Sunil Gupta, “Python: The Programming Language of Future” IJIRT, Vol 6, Issue 12, May 2020.
- Dr. Anupam Sharma, Archit Jain, Ayush Bahuguna, Deeksha Dinkar, “Comparison and Evaluation of Web Development Technologies in Node.js and Django” IJSR, Vol 9, Issue 12, December 2020.
- Anirban Sarkar, Ayush Goyal, David Hicks, Debadrita Sarkar and Saikat Hazra, “Latest android Application Development: A Brief Overview of Latest android Platforms and Evolution of Security Systems”. Proceedings of the Third International Conference on I-SMAC (IoT in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud) (I-SMAC 2019) IEEE Xplore, IEEE 2019.
- Thiago R. Fernandes, Leonardo R. Fernandes, Tiago R. Ricciardi, Luis F. Ugarte and Madson C. de Almeida, “Python Programming Language for Power System Analysis Education and Research”, IEEE 2018.
- Federico Milano, “A Python-based Software Tool for Power System Analysis”. Senior Member, IEEE 2013.
- Yan Zhang, Yan Zhang, Eekeng Yu “The Characteristics of Generator and Load in The Calculation of Network Loss Modification”, IEEE 2011.
- Zdena Dobesova, “Programming language Python for data processing”, 2011 International Conference on Electrical and Control Engineering, IEEE 2011.
- Greg Lindstrom, “Programming with Python”, IT Professional (Volume: 7, Issue: 5, Sept.-Oct. 2005), IEEE 2005.
- Yifan Tang, “Power Distribution System Planning with Reliability Modelling and Optimization” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 11, No. 1, February 1996.