Review paper on Data Security using Cryptography and Steganography
Ms. Ankita Patil, Ms. Shubham Mulik, Ms. Punit Pathak, Karishma Raut, "Review paper on Data Security using Cryptography and Steganography", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 59, pp. 1-6, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
One of the major problems faced by this digital world is Data Security. Data Security plays an important role in the field of information technology. As there are large advancements in internet technology, there has been huge text as well as multimedia data transfer over the internet. The communication channel available for data transfer from the transmitter to receiver is highly insecure. As the security of electronic data is a major issue and to achieve high security and confidentiality, the public and the private sectors use different kinds of techniques and methods to protect the data from unauthorized users. Cryptography and Steganography are the most popular and widely used technologies for security. Cryptography is the art of hiding information by encryption and steganography is a technique to hides data in the cover medium. Cryptography hides the readable and meaningful contents of the data. And the existence of the data is hidden by the Steganography technique.
Advanced encryption standard (AES), Cryptography, Encryption, Image Stitching, Steganography
- Phadte, Radha S., and Rachel Dhanaraj. "Enhanced blend of image steganography and cryptography." 2017 International Conference on Computing Methodologies and Communication (ICCMC). IEEE, 2017.
- Kumar, R. et al. “Enhancing Security using Image Processing.” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology 4 (2015): 2435-2442.
- Lather, Yashpal, Megha Goyal, and Vivek Lather. "Review Paper on Steganography Techniques." IJCSMC, Signal Processing 4.1 (2015): 571-576.
- Singh, Sandeep, Amit Kumar Singh, and S. P. Ghrera. "A recent survey on data hiding techniques." 2017 International Conference on I-SMAC (IoT in Social, Mobile, Analytics and Cloud)(I-SMAC). IEEE, 2017.
- Benedict, Arnold Gabriel. "Improved file security system using multiple image steganography." 2019 International Conference on Data Science and Communication (IconDSC). IEEE, 2019.
- Elharrouss, Omar, Noor Almaadeed, and Somaya Al-Maadeed. "An image steganography approach based on k-least significant bits (k-LSB)." 2020 IEEE International Conference on Informatics, IoT, and Enabling Technologies (ICIoT). IEEE, 2020.
- Ramya, G., P. P. Janarthanan, and D. Mohanapriya. "Steganography Based Data Hiding for Security Applications." 2018 International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Communication for Smart World (I2C2SW). IEEE, 2018.
- Aparna, V. S., et al. "Implementation of AES Algorithm on Text And Image using MATLAB." 2019 3rd International Conference on Trends in Electronics and Informatics (ICOEI). IEEE, 2019.
- Zhou, Xin, and Xiaofei Tang. "Research and implementation of RSA algorithm for encryption and decryption." Proceedings of 2011 6th international forum on strategic technology. Vol. 2. IEEE, 2011.
- Al-Haj, Ali, and Hiba Abdel-Nabi. "Digital image security based on data hiding and cryptography." 2017 3rd International conference on information management (ICIM). IEEE, 2017.
- Karolin, M., T. Meyyappan, and S. M. Thamarai. "Encryption and decryption of color images using visual cryptography." Int. J. Pure Appl. Math 118 (2018): 277-281.
- Bonny, Moushumi Zaman, and Mohammad Shorif Uddin. "Feature-based image stitching algorithms." 2016 International Workshop on Computational Intelligence (IWCI). IEEE, 2016.
- Shaik Akbar, Dr K., and T. Anand. "Bit-Plane Slicing Algorithm for Crime Data Security using Fusion Technologies."
- Av, Nandini, and Nilita Anil Kumar. "Image Encryption Using Genetic Algorithm and Bit-Slice Rotation." 2020 11th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT). IEEE, 2020.
- Wang, Z.; Simoncelli, E.P.; Bovik, A.C. (2003-11-01). Multiscale structural similarity for image quality assessment. Conference Record of the Thirty-Seventh Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers, Vol.2 pp. 13981402, 2004