Comparative Study on Advanced Farm Security System Using Internet of Things and Image Processing.
Ms. Saily Kini, Mr. Saurabh Hadpe, Mr. Vishal Rasal, Prof. Janhavi Sangoi, "Comparative Study on Advanced Farm Security System Using Internet of Things and Image Processing.", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 70, pp. 1-7, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
Internet of Things consists of two words Internet and objects. The term objects in IoT refers to various IoT devices that have unique identities and are capable of making remote sensing, performing and live monitoring of certain types of data. IoT devices enable other devices connected to the app directly or indirectly, and send data to various servers and combining IoT with Image processing in the agriculture sector can lead to a more technology driven system in terms of agriculture security which can create a Smart Agricultural Security System. The major problem in today’s agriculture sector is protecting crops from local animals and thieves because it is not possible for every farmer to barricade the entire field or stay on the field 24 hours and guard it. So, to overcome this problem there must be an automated crop protecting system which uses leading technologies like IoT and Image Processing. The advantage of using this system can help farmer to monitor the farm even if farmer is away from field by installing various sensors in farm to detect motion of local animal and sent data to farmer app directly and also farmer can see live streaming of the farm with help of camera installed in farm. This ensures complete safety of crops from animals and thieves thus increasing financial gain with a proper security surveillance system.
IoT, Image Processing, Farm Security, Crop Protection, Arduino Uno.
- M. Jaya Prabha, R. Ramprabha, “Smart Crop Protection System from Animals”, ISSN: 2249 – 8958, Volume-9 Issue-4, April, 2020.
- Ramaprasad, S Ram prasad, Rajendra Prasad P, “Intelligent Crop Monitoring and Protection System in Agricultural fields Using IoT”, 2019 4th International Conference on Recent Trends on Electronics, Information, Communication & Technology (RTEICT-2019), MAY 17th& 18th 2019.
- Anjana M, Charan Kumar A, Monisha R, “IOT in Agricultural Crop Protection and Power Generation”, ISSN: 2278-0181 IJERTV9IS050208 Vol. 9 Issue 05, May-2020.
- Rashmi R. Agale, D. P. Gaikwad, “Automated Irrigation and Crop Security System in Agriculture using Internet of Things”, 2017 IEEE.
- Laxmi S. Shabadi, Hemavati B. Biradar. “Design and Implementation of IOT based Smart Security and Monitoring for Connected Smart Farming”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 179 – No.11, January 2018.
- Stefano Giordano, Ilias Seitanidis and Mike Ojo, “IoT Solutions for Crop Protection against Wild Animal Attacks”, IEEE 2018.
- G. Naveen Balaji, V. Nandhini, “IOT Based Smart Crop Monitoring in Farm Land”, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR) Peer Reviewed – International Journal Vol-4, Issue-1, 2018 (IJIR).
- Prathibha S R1, Anupama Hongal 2, “IoT Based Monitoring System In Smart Agriculture”, 2017 International Conference on Recent Advances in Electronics and Communication Technology.
- Dr M Suchithra, 2Asuwini, “Monitoring of Agricultural Crops Using Cloud and IOT with Sensor Data Validation”, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics Volume 119 No. 12 2018, 14327-14335.29
- S. Santhiya1, Y. Dhamodharan, N E. Kavi Priya, “A Smart Farmland Using Raspberry Pi Crop Prevention and Animal Intrusion Detection System”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395-0056 Volume: 05 Issue: 03 | Mar-2018.
- Rashmi R. Agale, D. P. Gaikwad, “Automated Irrigation and Crop Security System in Agriculture using Internet of Things”, Third International Conference on Computing, Communication, Control and Automation (ICCUBEA), ISSN No.: 978-1-5386-4008-1, Issue:Jan-2017
- Amit Nerurkar, Swapnil Sonawane, Rugved Deolekar. “Smart Crop Protection System with Image Capture over IoT”, International Journal of Advanced Information Science and Technology (IJAIST) ISSN: 2319:2682 Vol.6, No.11, November 2017.
- Sweksha Goyal, Unnathi Mundra, Prof. Sahana Shetty, “Smart Agriculture Using IoT”, International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, Vol.8 Issue.5, May- 2019.
- Reshma S, Ramya J, Swathi S, Srinidhi B M, Sindhu R N, “Smart Farming Using IoT”, International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology ISSN No: 2456-2165, Volume 4, Issue 4, April – 2019.
- Sweksha Goyal, Unnathi Mundra, Prof. Sahana Shetty, “Smart Agriculture Using IoT”, Sweksha Goyal et al, International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, Vol.8 Issue.5, May- 2019.