Amit Roy, Rehan Wagle, Ronak Vaghasiya, Pranit Wadekar, "Floating Construction", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 2, Article 11, pp. 1-6, 2019. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
Global Warming has an enormous impact on melting glaciers and ice sheets. Rising global temperatures melt glaciers increasing the amount of seawater. A large in rise sea level across the world poses many threats. With continuous increase of rise in water level, the area occupied by land decreases. This paper represents the study concerning floating construction to counter the ill effects of global warming in terms of utilisation of offshore renewable energy resources and improving an awareness to construct them.
Concrete Pontoon, Energy Efficiency, Floating Construction, Urbanisation.
- A. Ambica and K. Venkatraman, “Floating Architecture: A Design on Hydrophilic Floating House for Fluctuating Water Level”, Vol. (8)32, ISSN: 0974-6846, 2017.
- D. Johnson Victor “Essentials of Bridge Engineering”, Sixth Edition.
- Geir Moe, “Design philosophy of floating bridges with emphasis on ways to ensure long life”, Journal of Marine Science and Technology (1997) 2:182-189.
- M. Hari Sathish Kumar, E. Saravanan, S, Manikandan, S. Akash Kumar, “DESIGN OF FLOATING BRIDGE CROSS OVER”, Vol. (4), ISSN: 2395-0056, 2017.
- R.M. Manoj Kumar, J. Amit Binglesh, “ECONOMICAL DESIGN OF FLOATING BRIDGES”, Vol. (12), ISSN: 0976-1353, 2015.
- Shahryar Habibi, “Floating Building Oppurtunities For Future Sustainable Development And Energy Efficiency Gains”, Habibi, J Archit Eng Tech 2015.
- N. Krishna Raju, “Design of Bridges”, Fourth edition.
- Dr. V.L. Shah, Late Dr. S.R. Karve, “Limit State Theory and Design of Reinforced Concrete”, Eighth Edition.
- Dr. R.K. Bansal, “A textbook of Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines”, Revised Ninth Edition.
- S. K. Duggal, “Limit State Design of Steel Structures”, Second Edition.
- P. C. Varghese, “Limit State Design of Reinforced Concrete”, Second Edition.