Portable Solar Desalination Plant
Vinayak Rai, Manish Tambat, Musavvir Shaikh, Shalin Shah, Prof. Suneet Mehta, "Portable Solar Desalination Plant", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 3, Article 8, pp. 1-5, 2020. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
Desalination is a process of converting sea water into fresh water which can be used by people for their daily uses. Man has always looked for oceans to enjoy the benefit of water. Some of the early discoveries of it is by Aristotle and others. The people of that time came up with distillation and filtration using soil deposits to obtain drinking water from the sea. After that many methods came of desalination like reverse osmosis, etc. and were used and thermal energy method was found cheapest and hence we came to know that we can use this processing a portable desalination plant. The potential of thermal energy is huge all around the world and it has been used in various processes all around. It is used for desalination process which will cure the problem of scarcity of water in the world and mostly in the water drought regions in India. This project is focused on making fresh water from sea water in the cheapest price available and in very small setup..
Desalination, Thermal energy, Portable, Scarcity, Cheapest.
- Muhammad Abbas , et.al., ‘Thermal study of Brackish waste desalination process using solar energy’,IEEE ,4(2017)
- Ammar Al Muhairi et.al., ‘Exploring the potential of MODIS visible and thermal channels in monitoring and assessing the impact of desalination plant discharge in arabian gulf’, IEEE,2(2009) Ayantika Basu ET.AL., ‘Solar and ocean thermal energy operated hi tech ship having passenger safety and desalination facility’,IEEE,1(2017)
- Ihsanullah et.al., ‘Recent development in solar thermal desalination technologies’, IEEE,2(2018)
- Mohammad Ghazi et.al., ‘Steady-State analysis of four effect evaporation desalination process using thermal solar energy, IEEE,5(2016)
- Daniel Butcher, et.al., ‘Water desalination with evaporation from environment friendly waste heat source,UPEC,2011
- Mahmoud Shatat, et.al, “Water desalination technologies utilizing conventional and renewable resources”, Desalination, Volume 9, 1 March 2014, Pages 1-19
- Avantika Basu, et.al, ‘ Solar and ocean thermal energy operated hi-tech ship having passenger safety and desalination facilities’ IEEE (2017)