Mechanical Engineers in Corporate world
Rajkumar Devkar, "Mechanical Engineers in Corporate world", VIVA-IJRI Volume 1, Issue 4, Article 78, pp. 1-2, 2021. Published by Computer Engineering Department, VIVA Institute of Technology, Virar, India.
In today's Digitization, every business is trying to become digital in terms of operations. After the COVID-19 breakdown, about 60 percent of businesses have transformed into digital form. In the case of the manufacturing world, this digitization is nothing but industry 5.O.Now a days many of the mechanical engineers are recruited in Corporate because of the integrity they possess. Having said that it's also a bitter truth that many mechanical engineers lack the skills that are needed in the corporate world. Due to which they tend to miss the targets. This study investigates the problems faced by fresh mechanical graduates in the corporate world and how to overcome them. This study is significant because, after COVID -19 outbreak, HR wants a personality that can be best at the factory shop floor as well as in-office with desired skills.
Digitization, Corporate World, COVID-19 Outbreak, Factory Shop floor, industry 5.O.
- A. Osterwalder, Y. Pigneur, Business model generation: a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers (Wiley, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2010)
- M. Voigt, M. Fordey, A. Malsbender, K. Ortbach, R. Plattfaut, B. Niehaves, Proceedings of the 24th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (2013) 8 MATEC Web of Conferences 297, 06003 (2019)
- D. Ghelase, L. Daschievici, A. Epureanu, Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering (WCE 2011), 1, 611 (2011).
- T. Mezher, M.A. Abdul-Malak, I. Ghosn, M. Ajam, J. Manag. Eng., 21:3, 138 (2005).
- M.E. Porter, M.R. Kramer, HBR, 1:2, 62 (2011) 6. K. North, G. Kumta, Knowledge management: value creation through organizational learning (Springer, Cham, 2014).
- K. North, R. Maier, O. Haas, Knowledge management in digital change: new findings and practical cases (Springer, Cham, 2018).
- E.F. Codd, S.B. Codd, C.T. Salley, Providing OLAP (On-line analytical processing) to user-analysts: an IT mandate (Codd & Associates, Ann Arbor, 1993).
- R.S. Kaplan, D.P. Norton, The balanced scorecard: translating strategy into action (Harvard Business Review Press, Boston, 1996)
- A. A. Thompson jr., A. J. Strickland III, Crafting and implementing strategy: what every manager should know (Irwin, Burr Ridge, 1995).
- S. Wan, J. Gao, D. Li, R. Evans, Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR2014), 65 (2014)
- F.J. Lerch, D.E. Harter, Inf. Syst. Res., 12:1, 63 (2001) 15. S. Kim, E. Suh, H. Hwang, J. Knowl. Manag., 7:2, 34 (2003).