The National Service Scheme of the VIVA Institute of Technology was formed in October 2019.
- NSS Volunteers of VIVA Institute of Technology in association with PENS painted a Z.P. school in Dahanu.
- NSS Volunteers with Governor of Maharashtra Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- NSS volunteers with Collector Palghar District Dr. Kailash Shinde
- NSS Volunteers of Viva Institute Of Technology gave a big helping hand to clean Dana Pani Beach of Malad under the guidance of Afroz Shah Organization
- NSS Unit of Viva Institute Of Technology joyfully volunteered at the clean-up drive organized by Afro Shah and Eco Awaken Organizations at Navapada, A village in Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East
- Volunteers of NSS Unit of Viva Institute Of Technology volunteered for the Ride To Power: Cycling Marathon of 15kms as well as 27kms held at Worli NSCI Dome
- NSS unit of VIVA Institute of Technology had organized a Special camp in the adopted village from 24th December to 30th December.
During the course of 7 days our students carried out various social and awareness activities in the village.
Day 2 : Cleanliness of the village with an Awareness street play
Day 3: Waste management awareness and a street play for the same
Day 4: Awareness about Tobacco and street play showing the effect of consuming tobacco
Day 5: Students took a session in the ZP school of our adopted village on making of paper bag using origami. Students also made an effort to make the kids aware about the difference between wet waste and dry waste and how to dispose it
Day 6: Students conducted many sports activities in an orphanage with the kids. We also distributed books and biscuits in the orphanage. In the evening we also arrange a skit for the orphanage kids
Day 7 : Students conducted a Rally featuring all the activities we conducted in the course of 6 days.A glimpse of the camp activities is in the photos given below.
- Two students from NSS unit of VIVA Institute of Technology attended a one day university level workshop on Drug abuse prevention. The session was conducted in presence of Commissioner of Police and Assistant Commissioner of Police.
- NSS Unit of VIVA-Tech organized a workshop on “Use of NewsPaper bags as an alternative to plastic bags” in our mission to eradicate the use of plastic bags on 5th Oct, 2019. The session was conducted by Prof. Pallavi Vartak and our principal Dr. Arun Kumar also participated in the workshop.
A total of 300 NewsPaper bags were made today and 30 portable easy to make dustbins were also prepared. This paper bags will be distributed to students of our Institute. The highlight of this paper bags are that it doesn’t require scissors or glue to prepare. The only raw material used is newspaper and origami.
- NSS Unit of VIVA-Tech at Gateway of India on 2nd Oct, 2019